ADSM-L

Re: dsmc sched as another user

2002-05-16 13:11:37
Subject: Re: dsmc sched as another user
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:13:57 -0700
Hmm good catch but it doesn't work.. I believe that's only for normal TSM
dsmc client operations (i.e. backup/restore). If you don't specify that
parameter the default behavior is all users can use TSM services. So by
adding a name theoretically you limit who can use TSM services..

The problem with starting the TSM scheduler still fails even with the user
id in there..

So far the only thing that's worked is sudo but as someone else pointed out,
that's a security risk as it allows that user to then restore any file owned
by root. Fortunately in our case that's not much of an issue as there are no
normal users on this server nor is it accessible by anyone other then
operations.

Regards,

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer