ADSM-L

Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups

2002-05-16 12:10:06
Subject: Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups
From: Tomáš Hrouda <throuda AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:10:10 +0200
OK, now is question, how can I recognize hanging client session? (There is
about 150 sessions at the time)

I did "q sess" to file last time it happens, but all session were at "Run"
state. In addition ... when I recognize it and cancel it, will the client
reestablish session with server to end up backup?

I see no good solution for this situation in automated manner (this is what
I need), except of prevent it - this means write script to test if no client
sessions are started at the time, disable clients, start expiration, and
past it stops, enable clients.
Any other idea?

Tom