ADSM-L

Re: TDP 2.2 for Exchange remote control

2002-05-16 09:07:56
Subject: Re: TDP 2.2 for Exchange remote control
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:08:28 -0400
> I've a new question concerning TDP 2.2 for Exchange. Sorry, but we are
> migrating to Exchange this summer.
> Is there a way to handle the TDP-Clients at the Exchange Servers
> remote with TSM utilities? At the Backup/Archive Client from TSM
> I can do it via webclient. I'm missing anything like this for the TDP.
> Or must I go to all servers, if I want to change anything
> or control the backups?
> If there is no way to do this with Tivoli I must do it with other
remoteutilities.

Wolfgang,

There is no "remote" client like the TSM web client for the TDPs.
We know about the requirement and it is logged in our
requirements database. It is on our list of things to do.

Until then, you will need to use remote utilities like
Terminal Services, PCAnywhere, ReachOut, VNC, etc.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.