ADSM-L

Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups

2002-05-16 08:11:25
Subject: Re: Expire inventory (or audit license) hangs migrations and back ups
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 07:11:40 -0500
Another variation on the theme:

On a 4.1.4.1 server here we see the 'log pinned' situation a LOT - very
heavily abused server.
One of the oddities is that once we clear the sessions, and do an
incremental db backup,
the log utilization doesn't drop until we issue an expire inventory command.

Running an expire inventory drives log utilization up at an extremely high
rate on this server, consequently expiration has not completed on this
server in a very long time.

I'm shutting down all other activity on the server over a 24 hour period
this weekend to see if we can force a full expiration and hopefully that
will alleviate the symptoms a bit.