ADSM-L

Re: Show Libr output

2002-05-13 20:46:03
Subject: Re: Show Libr output
From: Mike Crawford <mcrawfrd AT TELUSPLANET DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:30:13 -0600
Zlatko,

Here's the other info you requested.  We are still running AIX 4.3.1, ADSM
3.1.2.55.  I'm working at upgrading to TSM4.2, then IBM can/will look at
the
problem, if the upgrade itself does not fix the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

$ lsattr -El rmt0
mode           yes      Use Buffered Writes
  True
block_size     0        Block Size (0=Variable Length)
  True
compress       yes      Use Hardware Compression on Tape
  True
autoload       no       Use Autoloading Feature at End-of-Tape
  True
logging        no       Activate volume information logging
  True
max_log_size   500      Maximum size of log file (in # of entries)
  True
space_mode     SCSI     Backward Space/Forward Space Record Mode
  True
rew_immediate  no       Use Immediate Bit in Rewind Commands
  True
trailer_labels no       Trailer Label Processing
  True
retain_reserve no       Retain Reservation
  False
emulate_auto   no       Use Random Mode to Emulate Autoloader Tape Drive
 True
limit_readerp  no       Limit Read Error Recovery Time to 5 Seconds
  True
fail_degraded  no       Fail Tape Operation if Degraded Media is
Detected True
devtype        03590E1A Device Type
  False
mtdevice                Library Device Number
  True
prime_parent   scsi5    Primary SCSI Parent
  False
prime_id       0        Primary Target ID
  False
alt_device              Alternate Device Name
  False
alt_parent              Alternate SCSI Parent
  False
alt_id                  Alternate Target ID
  False
drive_port     0        Drive Port Number
  False

$ lsattr -El rmt2
[...]
prime_parent   scsi2    Primary SCSI Parent
  False
prime_id       2        Primary Target ID
  False
alt_device              Alternate Device Name
  False
alt_parent              Alternate SCSI Parent
  False
alt_id                  Alternate Target ID
  False
drive_port     0        Drive Port Number
  False

$ lslpp -L adsm*
  Fileset                      Level  State  Description

  adsm.client.aix42.admin   3.1.20.3    C    ADSM Client - Administrative
  adsm.client.aix42.admin   3.1.20.3    C    ADSM Client - Administrative
                                             Command Line
  adsm.client.aix42.base    3.1.20.3    C    ADSM Client - Backup/Archive
  adsm.client.aix42.common  3.1.20.3    C    ADSM Client - Common Files
  adsm.devices.NetTAPE-tlc   3.1.1.0    C    ADSM Device Support for
NetTAPE
  adsm.devices.acsls         3.1.1.0    C    ADSM Device Support for ACS
  adsm.devices.rte           3.1.2.1    C    ADSM Device Support runtime
  adsm.html.en_US.clients.data
                             3.1.2.0    C    ADSM Clients Online Library -
                                             U.S. English
  adsm.html.en_US.server.data
                             3.1.2.0    C    ADSM Server Online Library -
                                             U.S. English
  adsm.license.rte           3.1.1.0    C    ADSM Server License
Registration
  adsm.pdf.en_US.clients.data
                             3.1.2.0    C    ADSM Clients Online Library -
                                             U.S. English
  adsm.pdf.en_US.server.data
                             3.1.2.1    C    ADSM Online Library, Server
                                             Library - U.S. English
  adsm.server.gif            3.1.2.1    C    ADSM Server Web Administrator
                                             Icons
  adsm.server.rte           3.1.2.55    C    ADSM Server Runtime
  adsm.server.util           3.1.2.1    C    ADSM Server Utilities
  adsm.web.client.aix42     3.1.20.3    C    ADSM Client - WebClient

$ lsdev -Cc tape
rmt0     Available 30-60-00-0,0 IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium Changer
rmt1     Available 30-60-00-1,0 IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium Changer
rmt2     Available 10-78-00-2,0 IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium Changer
rmt4     Available 10-60-00-5,0 SCSI 8mm Tape Drive
magstor1 Available              LAN/TTY Library Management Control Point
rmt3     Available 30-68-00-0,0 IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium Changer
rmt5     Available 30-68-00-1,0 IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium Changer

Still
> am trying to figure out what is wrong. Can you try something else - the
> output of
> lsattr -El rmt0
> lsattr -El rmt2 (is there any difference)
> lslpp -L 'adsm* tivoli*' (or maybe even lslpp -L)
> lsdev -Cc tape
> Sorry for being so uninformed but I have no 3590E on hand. Anyway
> Richard's info is very different (goodness, why) !?
> BTW: you wrote AIX 4.3.1. Is this a typo or not? Which ML? Are you still
> on ADSM 3.1 as from your post in Feb?
>
> Zlatko Krastev
> IT Consultant
>
> P.S. This "Rejected posting" came from bounce back of my post at one of
> ADSM-L subscribers' mail server. No real need to reply both if happens
> again ,-)
>
> Zlatko
>

> To:     Zlatko Krastev <acit AT attglobal DOT net>, ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
> [...]
> output from the Show Libr commands, is it possible that RMT2 is correct
> (it is the same as the 3590E1A's on the other server) and the other four
> drives are not (they are the same as the 3590B1A's on the other server)?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>

> $ lscfg -vl rmt0
>    DEVICE            LOCATION          DESCRIPTION
>
>    rmt0              30-60-00-0,0      IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium
>                                        Changer
>
>          Manufacturer................IBM
>          Machine Type and Model......03590E1A
>          Serial Number...............000000026813
>          Device Specific.(FW)........E35A
>          Loadable Microcode Level....A0B00E26
>
> $ lscfg -vl rmt2
>    DEVICE            LOCATION          DESCRIPTION
>
>    rmt2              10-78-00-2,0      IBM 3590 Tape Drive and Medium
>                                        Changer
>
>          Manufacturer................IBM
>          Machine Type and Model......03590E1A
>          Serial Number...............000000026920
>          Device Specific.(FW)........E35A
>          Loadable Microcode Level....A0B00E26
>

> Zlatko Krastev wrote:
>
>  >what is the output of
>  >lscfg -vl rmt0
>  >lscfg -vl rmt2
>  >
>  >Zlatko Krastev
>  >IT Consulant
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >Please respond to mcrawfrd AT telusplanet DOT net
>  >Sent by:        "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>  >To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>  >cc:
>  >
>  >Subject:        Show Libr output
>  >
>  >In investigating a tape drive problem, I found the output from the Show
>  >Libr
>  >command to be interesting, specifically the type=8, mod=## fields:
>  >
>  >RMT2 (/dev/rmt2):
>  >      type=8, mod=48, busy=1, online=1,
>  >      polled=0, available=1, createPending=0
>  >      priorReadFailed=0, priorWriteFailed=0
>  >      priorLocateFailed=0, update=0, checking=0,
>  >      offline time/date: 00:00:00  1900/00/00
>  >      Log sense counters last dismount:
>  >    349X-specific fields:
>  >      devNo=2527744, isScsi=1
>  >      last dismounted volume
>  >    RMT0 (/dev/rmt0):
>  >      type=8, mod=17, busy=1, online=1,
>  >      polled=0, available=1, createPending=0
>  >      priorReadFailed=0, priorWriteFailed=0
>  >      priorLocateFailed=0, update=0, checking=0,
>  >      offline time/date: 00:00:00  1900/00/00
>  >      Log sense counters last dismount:
>  >    349X-specific fields:
>  >      devNo=2523440, isScsi=1
>  >      last dismounted volume
>  >
>  >All five drives are 3590E1A's, four drives show type=8, mod=17, but
RMT2