ADSM-L

starting tsm server on solaris

2002-05-13 19:31:31
Subject: starting tsm server on solaris
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:33:36 -0700
dsmserver:234:once:/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv >/dev/null 2>&1

Put that line into /etc/inittab but on reboot the TSM server doesn't come
up.. I have to cd into the bin directory and manually start it.. I notice
you have to set an environmental variable to start the tsm server from
another directory other then it's installed directory but in order for it to
work in inittab, I'm not sure where to put the environmental variable nor
even if that's why it isn't starting (though I suspect it is why).

Appreciate any help. Not used to solaris..

Regards,

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.