ADSM-L

TSM Reporting tool advice

2002-05-13 05:45:03
Subject: TSM Reporting tool advice
From: Douglas Currell <dlcurrell AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 05:44:52 -0400
My client has a Service Level Agreement with his
customers that assures them of a minimum of one full
(selective) backup of their workstations per year.
There are currently in excess of 1500 workstations and
300 servers that are TSM clients. It is a simple
matter to identify the workstations and schedule TSM
to run the backups. What isn't so simple is to
find/develop a tool that reports success or failure of
scheduled backups via e-mail or some other such means.
My client prefers commercial-off-the-shelf products so
Tivoli Decision Support will, obviously, be
investigated. Does anyone know of any other products
that could be used? I have not heard anything
encouraging about Tivoli Decision Support and if
doesn't work out then I'll be writing my own tool with
the ODBC driver and the TSM API, (probably on a
Windows platform :-(. Has anyone done this
before.

Please don't question the wisdom of promising users a
yearly full backup of their workstations - it's a done
deed!

Thank you.

Games, Movies, Music & Sports! http://entertainment.yahoo.ca