ADSM-L

Reclaming offsite tapes

2002-05-10 14:17:12
Subject: Reclaming offsite tapes
From: "Adamson, Matt" <matt.adamson AT ATTWS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 14:17:23 -0400
Here is my scenario...

We currently send all of our tapes offsite for 7 years.  In the library we
collocate by filespace.  But, when we send the tapes offsite they are
uncollocated.  We have retired a number of servers in the past couple years,
meaning we no longer need that data.  Being that we send the tapes offsite
Uncollocated, data from a retired server could be on the same tape of a
server that we still have in production.  Is there a way for me find out if
this is so?  Is there a way I can call the tapes back from offsite and
perform some sort of reclamation?

Any ideas would be great, but if I'm stuck I can deal with it.  Tape costs
are making look into all different scenarios.

Thanks,

Matt