ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Lotus Domino Backups/Archives

2002-05-10 06:16:25
Subject: Re: TDP for Lotus Domino Backups/Archives
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 06:11:06 -0400
> Thanks for your help.  I created a new node and created a new schedule
that
> does a full selective backup.  But then, I realized that I am still using
> the same management class with the normal retention period of my
> incrementals.  Does this mean my selective backups are of no use since
they
> just get expired.  Do I need to create another Management Class, if yes,
> would I also need to create a backup copy group?  Or can I just
create/copy
> another dsm.opt file which refers to the new
> management class and then refer to the new dsm.opt file in the dominc.cmd
> script.

Rodolfo,

It all depends on how your management classes are defined,
that is, if they are based on the number of versions to keep
or based on how long to keep extra versions. If you want the
retention period to be different than normal backups, you should
define a new management class with copygroup settings that
match your needs.  You can then bind all of the objects
for your monthly backups by having a different DSM.OPT file
and using the "INCLUDE * MC_NAME" option.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.