ADSM-L

Re: Mirrored DELETE DBVOL, LOGVOL?

2002-05-10 04:24:47
Subject: Re: Mirrored DELETE DBVOL, LOGVOL?
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:25:03 +0200
Roger,

I agree, I also feel very uncomfortable living without a mirror, even
for a limited time. The admin interface should be enhanced to allow for
distinguishing between removing a DBCOPY from deleting the entire DBVOL
including all mirrors (and hence moving the contents while all mirrors
are in place).

In the past, I have always added the new volume as a mirror first,
then deleted an old copy, then added a new mirror, ...
Since this procedure does not allow changing the volume size, the volumes
on my nearly 8 years old server are now much too small. The necessary
consolidation exposes me to the danger described by you, so I'm
hesitating ...

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet