ADSM-L

Re: What is relationship between these Tivoli parms & Unix network functions?

2002-05-06 13:56:23
Subject: Re: What is relationship between these Tivoli parms & Unix network functions?
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 16:50:31 +0300
1. you are correct. It does correspond to socket send&receive TCP windows
2. TXNBytelimit is for TSM *transactions*. It has nothing to do with
TCP/IP. TSM client sends to server several files at once forming a "TSM
transaction". Those files are recorded in TSM DB together with DB
transaction. how many files are bundled together is controlled by
TXNBytelimit on client and TXNGroupmax on server. Limit is on both number
of files and total size.
3. TSMBuffsize is space allocated in mbufs area.
4. USELARGEBUFFERS is for TSM memory structures used for socket write
calls
5. You did not mention it but TCPNodelay is also TCP/IP related.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant