ADSM-L

dsmc scheduler problems

2002-05-06 12:05:22
Subject: dsmc scheduler problems
From: Eduardo Martinez <mcjeduardo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 18:05:40 +0200
Hello *SMers.

I have the followin problem:

I have 2 TSM Servers (TSM1 and TSM2) and they are on different
networks, and Im trying to backup one AIX box on this 2 servers.
I have somthing like this.

                            +----+
                            |TSM1|
                            |    |
+----+           +--------->|NIC | 12.7.7.7
|AIX |           |          |    |
|    |       +---+---+      +----+
|NIC |------>|Router |
+----+       +---+---+       +----+
                 |           |TSM2|
10.1.1.1         +---------->|NIC | 11.5.5.5
                             |    |
                             +----+

I run 2 dsmc processes on AIX:

dsmc sched
dmsc sched -se=TSM2

When I first run them, the schedule everything works fine for both
backups, but the next day (I have scheduled daily backups), only the
backup for TSM1 works, and the backup for TSM2 is missed.
I have to kill the "dsmc sched -se=TSM2" process and run it again and
it starts backing up, but, again, it fails for the next scheduled
operation.

Does anyone know what could be happening here?
By the way, schedule on TSM1 begins at 7:00PM and on TSM2 at 1:00PM

Thanks in advance.

=====
"Do or Do Not, there is no try"
-Yoda. The Empire Strikes Back