ADSM-L

Re: Archive retention question

2002-05-06 07:36:41
Subject: Re: Archive retention question
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 06:35:58 -0500
Here is the answer from the support line:

Dale,

Ref: Archive retention

 Customer has moved a client to a new management
Found the section in the admin guide which indicates:
Archive copies are never rebound because each archive operation creates
a different archive
copy. Archive copies remain bound to the management class name
specified when the user archived them.
 If the management class to which an archive copy is bound no longer
exists or no longer contains an archive copy group, the server uses the
default management class. If you later change or replace the default
management class,
the server uses the updated default management class to manage the
archive copy.
suggested that the customer might try:
 updating the domain default retentions
 delete the management class the archive is bound to.
 or delete the archives from the node.

Thanks,

So, I gather the official answer to that question is "yes and no" ...
I'm going to change the retention on that management class and see what
happens.