ADSM-L

Re: Archive retention question

2002-05-03 16:58:29
Subject: Re: Archive retention question
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:58:10 -0600
        Thanks Mark, you are right, I kinda misread the scenario. He was
saying that he would create new management class.

        Whew...I could have ~sworn~ I knew how it worked, but this email had
me questioning it.

        You are right, in his situation, it would be easier to change the
retention on the existing copygroup, but then the name of the management
class would be misleading and he would impact all the data backed up to that
management class. For those 2 reasons, we abandoned management classes with
retention periods in the name and got more granular to the type of data
(i.e. tax_data_mc or rnd_mc), then when tax laws change, we can update the
copygroup and it effects all of the correct data.

Thanks,
Ben