ADSM-L

Re: Help Understanding Mgmt classes

2002-05-03 08:18:08
Subject: Re: Help Understanding Mgmt classes
From: "Regelin Michael (CHA)" <michael.regelin AT ETAT.GE DOT CH>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 14:17:50 +0200
Hi Don,

I'm not sure to understand your answer.

By the way, thanks for your answer. I'm interested in this mailing and was
not the originator.

Our Backup solution is based on tdp for domino 1.1.2. Our tsm client is
4.2.1.20 based on Windows Nt4 server.

here is our strategy:
 a full backup a week - keeping 5 version (management class=week)
 a full backup a month - keeping 13 version (management class=month)
 an incremental version a day - keeping 5 version (management class=daily)

after reading your mail, I understand that having 3 MC for the same file
will cause the retention to change after every backup when the MC is used.
So for example:
when week backup is finished, it will apply the MC for the file and when
month backup is finished, it will change all retention on every file base on
the new MC ?

thanks

Mike

_______