ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Lotus Domino Backups/Archives

2002-05-03 07:34:16
Subject: Re: TDP for Lotus Domino Backups/Archives
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:33:53 -0400
> I am running TSM 4.2.0 and one of my nodes is a Domino Server on Windows
> 2000.  I am running TDP for Lotus Domino to do backups of our Domino
> databases and mail files.  What is the best way to go about doing monthly
> backups for these databases.  I have been using backupsets instead of
> archiving because it blows up the db.  Then now I find out that you
cannot
> restore Domino Databases from these backupsets.  Any recommendation is
> welcome.

Rodolfo,

TDP for Domino does not support "archive."
Do you mean monthly backups outside of the normal
backup schedule? There are probably a number of different
ways to do this. Some of the customers I have talked to
set up a second NODENAME (like DOMSERV99.MONTHLY) and
run a full selective backup using that NODENAME.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.