ADSM-L

Re: tape media

2002-05-02 16:22:35
Subject: Re: tape media
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 22:31:08 +0300
1. Not with 100% warranty but is somewhat possible (especially for the
case in q2). Without the DB you do not know what modification of the file
is this but contents are visible.
2. In essence yes but if encryption is not used. You still can use TSM
client encryption (56-bit DES) to prevent plain text read. If 56-bit is
not enough you will need to encrypt data (somehow) before backup.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant