ADSM-L

TSM and Windows 2000 AD disaster recovery

2002-05-01 14:17:17
Subject: TSM and Windows 2000 AD disaster recovery
From: "Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:17:35 -0400
Hello,
        Has anyone ever done a disaster recovery/restore of their Win2000 AD
database?

1.) Is it supported by TSM 4.2?
2.) If not...What Backup software did you do it with?
2.) How did you do it?
3.) Was it successful?
4.) What steps did you use/take?

I can not seem to find any specific information on restoring a AD database.
I know that there are white papers from the TSM help on doing an
"Authoritative restore" but TSM said that they did not support a disaster
recovery on Win 2000 DC's., etc....

If anyone has any information on the questions above, please let me know.
Thanks Tony

Anthony F.Consiglio
Senior Systems Analyst II
Network Engineer, LAN Systems