ADSM-L

Migration from DLT to LTO Tape Drive

2002-05-01 10:25:15
Subject: Migration from DLT to LTO Tape Drive
From: Monit Kapoor <mkapoor AT CADENCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 19:39:56 +0530
Hello all,

We are in the process of retiring a couple of our Backup servers running
on Sun Solaris with Networker 6.1 and DLT tapes and migrating to Legato
6.1 with LTO Tapes.

However i would be able to have the ability to recover data saved via
any of these retired servers in future.

In order to do so, i would need to migrate all the media databses and
client indexes onto one backup servers which would be used as a recovery
machine.

Could someone help in explaining to me as to how should i go about this
?

Any help in this regards would be great.

Thanks,

--
Monit Kapoor
Monit Kapoor