ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.1.32 problem with systemobject on Citrix

2002-05-01 08:36:33
Subject: Re: 4.2.1.32 problem with systemobject on Citrix
From: Rejean Larivee/Quebec/IBM <rlarivee AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:36:45 -0300
Hello Ken,
I believe you are suffering from a known defect identified by IC32636.
This apar describes a problem with the client having problems
backing system files if the root drive is other than C:.
Per your note below, it appears the boot drive is M:. This is why
the client works fine if you don't include the systemobject in the
domain option. This apar is currently fixed in the 5.1 client so
you might want to install the 5.1.0.1 client.

Have a good day !
Rejean Larivee
Rejean Larivee
IBM -  TSM/ADSM Level 2 Support

                      Ken Long
                      <[email protected]        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      OM>                      cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  4.2.1.32 problem with
systemobject on Citrix
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/30/2002 08:41
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hello all...

Backups of a W2K server running Citrix Metaframe XPe are failing, with the
following error in the server activity log:

   04/30/02   18:17:36      ANR0480W Session 9355 for node CITRIXADTEST
   (WinNT) terminated - connection with client severed.

After 10 minutes, the server reconnects with the client and the backup
restarts, only to fail again a few minutes later.  The following error
occurs in the dsmerror.log, but I often see such failures on non-Citrix
servers without the backup stopping:

   04/30/2002 18:17:35 ANS4987E Error processing '\\citrixadtest\m
   $\WINNT\system32 \Perflib_Perfdata_380.dat': the object is in use by
   another process

Following the invaluable information on this forum, I looked at the
solution for the "sysfiles not on C:" problem, which I thought was fixed in
4.2.1.32.

To test, I changed DOMAIN from ALL-LOCAL to just "M: N:" and the backup
succeeded.  I reset DOMAIN to "M: N: SYSTEMOBJECT" and the backup failed
again.

I'm using 4.2.1.32 on a W2K domain controller, backing up the system
objects without problems.  What's up, am I missing something, or is backing
up system objects on Citrix servers still broken?

Thanks... Ken