ADSM-L

Using Backupsets for Disaster Recovery

2002-04-30 16:36:52
Subject: Using Backupsets for Disaster Recovery
From: Michael Moore <Michael_Moore AT VFC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:21:19 -0400
Does anyone use Backupsets of NT/W2K machines for Disaster Recovery
purposes?

We are currently running TSM v4.1.5.3, on OS/390 v2.8.  Most of our NT/W2K
clients are running v.4.2 of the Backup/Archive client.  Currently we
backup approximately 150 client nodes, and generate backupsets for 28 of
those.  The backupsets are not created daily, but approximately 2 per week
for each node.  It does cause some problems with the server.  The server
seems to "hang" during certain backupsets (mostly large nodes).

They are requesting additional backusets, and some daily.  I fear this will
only cause additional problems with the server.  They do rely on the
backupsets for Disaster Recovery, but I would like to get them away from
that.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael Moore