ADSM-L

Re: TSM Server Console

2002-04-30 15:16:02
Subject: Re: TSM Server Console
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:55:36 -0500
What platform?

I run on AIX and stole a concept from the IBM SP systems.

I redirect the system console to a flatfile with "/usr/sbin/swcons
/var/adm/log/console.log" at system startup. I removed the 'quiet' directive
from the rc.adsmserv script and redirect stdout and stderr to /dev/console.

Any time I want to look at the TSM console, I just tail -f
/var/adm/log/console.log. (Actually, I use 'less' instead of tail, as it's
more flexible).

I've a log rotate script in cron that runs on Sunday nights and is set to
keep three logs (21 days max).

I use dsmadmc to actually issue commands to TSM.

This has been in place now for 6 years with no problems.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc