ADSM-L

Re: copy pools question?

2002-04-30 14:51:12
Subject: Re: copy pools question?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:50:21 -0700
Let us also remember how our media likes or dislikes to be transported,
dropped, left in various temperature ranges, etc...
Sure our tape transporter won't stop for a cheeseburger & fries on the way
to the offsite facility, RIGHT !
and D@#$ I dropped a tape and broke a corner off !
I'll just glue it back on and no one will notice !
        until it is loaded into a drive and takes the head out (or something
else) because chunks of plastic flake off with the glue, etc... and
naturally maintenance won't cover this repair because the tape shouldn't
have been in the drive to begin with.
I'm sure we can come up with many more ugly situations to avoid media
shuffles or to at least minimize them.

Dwight