ADSM-L

Re: Problems using dsmcad to launch scheduler

2002-04-30 12:05:27
Subject: Re: Problems using dsmcad to launch scheduler
From: Anthony Wong <awong AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:05:43 -0700
FYI.  ^_^

Standard  error  not able to redirect to standard out  in Microsoft ME
environment.

Isabel Gerhardt <Isabel.Gerhardt AT FERNUNI-HAGEN DOT DE>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
04/30/2002 02:54:21 AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

To:    ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Hi Robert,

as far as I know the effect of '2>&1' is, that errors will be forwarded to
'&1'
which is '/dev/console'
As there is a log for the webclient (dsmwebcl.log) you could just throw the
error messages away with '2>/dev/null'

Isabel