ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli Decision Support

2002-04-30 10:14:01
Subject: Re: Tivoli Decision Support
From: "Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:37:17 -0400
We have started to collect data from two systems. One has a 52GB db that is
85.3% full and the other has a 52GB db that is 45.3% full.

We had a problem at the first of the year where our timesource was wrong and
both systems got set to the year 2021. We did clean up the summary table but
found that the actlog still has some year 2021 entries left in it. So that
is causing a problem and two of the cubes still don't have current data in
them.

While I don't run the actual loader job or build the cubes I know that we
have seen erratic run times. Right know I'm attributing it the records with
the 2021 timestamp although I don't have any proof of that. On the list of
things to do this week is to clean up those records. For the summary table
there were only six records and with level2's help it was pretty simple to
edit the database using some commands they walked me through. For the actlog
there are a couple of hundred and it will be more of a pain. Most of the
records in the actlog are messages complaining about the date. Even though
we didn't accept the data change by the time I got in there were quite of
few of these messages logged:

08/18/2021 00:01:21  ANR0110E An unexpected system date has been detected;
the
                      server is disabled. Use the ACCEPT DATE command to
                      establish the current date as valid.

The loader creates the following select statement and never finds any
current data:

04/29/2002 06:27:56  ANR2017I Administrator ISMBATCH issued command: DEFINE
                      CURSOR C34b480c SQL="SELECT DATE_TIME, MSGNO, MESSAGE,
                      SEVERITY from ACTLOG where ORIGINATOR = 'SERVER' and
                      DATE_TIME>= '2021-08-18 06:02:43' and (SEVERITY = 'E'
OR
                      SEVERITY = 'S' OR SEVERITY = 'D' OR SEVERITY = 'W')"

Curt Magura
Lockheed Martin EIS
Gaithersburg, Md.
301-240-6305