ADSM-L

FC-SCSI Bridge issues

2002-04-29 22:43:35
Subject: FC-SCSI Bridge issues
From: "Cowperthwaite, Eric" <eric.cowperthwaite AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:43:48 -0400
Has anyone seen something similar and have any ideas?

Our configuration is:

Dell Server with Qlogic 2200F HBA, Win2K SP2, TSM 4.2.1.9
Ancor SANBox 16 FC switch
STK 3250 FC-SCSI Bridge
Sun StorEdge L60 DLT8000 Library (4 drives)
The switch is zoned so that only the TSM server and the bridge are in one
zone. TSM hard drives are also on the SAN, but in a separate zone.

Everything works fine normally. But occasionally we receive SCSI errors from
adsmscsi and lose connectivity to the tape drives. Once that happens the
only apparent solution is to restart the bridge and the TSM server. Any
thoughts/ideas/input would be appreciated.

This typically happens during large TDPO backups. Unfortunately it means we
have not had a good backup of a large data mart in this network in the past
month. I'm ready to bag the fiber connections and go back to SCSI on this
subsystem.

Eric Cowperthwaite
Senior System Administrator - Infrastructure
EDS Business Process Management