ADSM-L

Re: TDP R3 keeping monthly and yearly for different retentions?

2002-04-29 14:39:48
Subject: Re: TDP R3 keeping monthly and yearly for different retentions?
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:26:53 -0500
I wouldn't touch this with a sharp stick, but the way to do it isn't that
hard.

Set up a different init<SID>.utl file with the proper management class for
the retention and invoke brbackup with the -r <path to init<SID>.utl file>
parameter. Run this from cron -- best bet is a nice backup script, with an
indication it's being run as the monthly or annual. For the annuals (and
maybe the monthlys) I'd also want to archive to the same management class
/sapmnt/<SID> and /oracle/<SID> -- all the executables of both SAP and
oracle and any other files that might be needed 6 years from now to bring
the system back up. Which is why I wouldn't touch it here :-)

These are obviously all off-line backups, or you've been signed up to keep
the offline redo logs for seven years.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc