ADSM-L

archive or incremental backup type

2002-04-29 04:52:16
Subject: archive or incremental backup type
From: George Harding <George_Harding AT ENTUK.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:51:42 +0100
Entertainment UK Limited
Registered Office: 243 Blyth Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB3 1DN.
Registered in England Numbered 409775

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may
contain confidential information.  Unless stated to the contrary, any
opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the
official view of the company.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system.  Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person.  Thank you for your co-operation.

I would like to get some advice on the advantages / disadvantages of
archive versus incremental backup types.
The files I am backing up are database files so in general are large and
need to be restorable to point in time for consistency.

Thanks