ADSM-L

Re: Network Tuning

2002-04-29 02:07:39
Subject: Re: Network Tuning
From: robert <robert AT PLCS DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:13:18 -0400
Hi,

The easiest way to check your performance is to do an FTP from your
node to your TSM server... and check the throughput. You should be able
to almost get the same throughput with TSM as with an FTP.

There are several performance tuning issues, you can have a look in a
redbook : Getting Started with Tivoli Storage Manager: Implementation
Guide, Chapter 13.   Performance considerations ->
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG245416.html

Try changing some settings ... and backup a large file from the node.

Regards,

Robert Brilmayer.

PS on the client node RESOURCEUTILIZATION option lets you regulate the
level of resources the TSM server and client can use during processing
(default = 2, one ftp stream and one communication stream).