ADSM-L

Re: MAC OS X question

2002-04-26 20:07:41
Subject: Re: MAC OS X question
From: "Eric J. Amis" <eric.amis AT NIST DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:07:56 -0400
I would be careful recommending TSM for OSX.

I am having problems getting the TSM 5.1 Scheduler to work properly on a Mac
running OS X.  I had previously been running a lower version under OS 9 and
I believe I have followed all the installation instructions for the new
version.

When I start the TSM Mac X Scheduler Daemon it seems to initiate the TSM
Scheduler (not the TSM Mac X Scheduler).  This then pops up occasionally but
never seems to initiate a backup.  If I start TSM Mac X Scheduler directly,
it initially bounces in the dock and then it starts TSM Scheduler (once then
then ran and did a backup but now it just quits as soon as I enter the login
info.

Is this a problem with permissions?  I am logged in to an administrator
account.

-Eric Amis