ADSM-L

Re: HELP with SQL TDP

2002-04-26 14:00:49
Subject: Re: HELP with SQL TDP
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:01:32 -0400
> When I install the TDP for SQL on Windows 2000 server SP2, It starts to
> open, then it closes right afterwards. Does anyone have any ideas? I am
not
> having this problem on my other win2k server

Aaron,

Try issuing this command from SQL Analyzer:

     select @@servername

Does it return NULL?
If so, you need to set the SQL Server name using the

    sp_addserver

stored procedure.  We have seen a few customer's
SQL servers that have had their SQL Server name
set to NULL (some third party products have been to blame).
Let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.