ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Informix and onbar

2002-04-26 11:38:24
Subject: Re: TDP for Informix and onbar
From: George Lesho <GLesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:27:03 -0500
KK - There are only two possible culprits to my mind... the version of
onbar you are using may be at fault. It talks through a shared library
function (XBSA) provided by Tivoli. The session isn't being released
properly so you may want to turn on tracing in your onconfig file at level
7 and output to a file. This file will get big quick but if you are just
backing up a logical log it won't be that bad. You may also want to turn on
TSM tracing and this is even better at providing a blow-by-blow of the
command exchanges. Either get Tivoli support or Informix support or BOTH
involved to resolve this issue. You may not be able to figure it out
yourself looking at the traces as the commands are kind of arcane (at least
for a sys admin / storage admin like myself ;-)

George Lesho
System/Storage Admin
AFC Enterprises

                      Krzysztof Kus
                      <kkus AT OPTIX DOT PL>          To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          cc:       (bcc: George
Lesho/Partners/AFC)
                      Dist Stor                Subject:  TDP for Informix and
onbar
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      04/26/2002 02:17
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hello!

        I use AIX 4.3.3 (64bit), TSM 4.2.1, TDP for informix 4.1.3 and
Informix
7.31 (64bit).
        After issuing "onmode -l" command the new log is generated.
Everything
looks fine - "q con" shows me that the new log is backed up, in
bar_act.log I can see messages about starting and finishing backup.

BUT! onbar_d processes are still running. I have to kill them (-9). The
same thing occurs during hot backup - onbar_d processes don't
dissappear. I have tested it on few other IBM machines with identical
result. On AIX 4.3.3 32bit this problem doesn't occur.

--