ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database Location

2002-04-26 06:35:56
Subject: Re: TSM Database Location
From: "Ilja G. Coolen" <ilja.coolen AT ABP DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:36:11 +0200
Eric,

Can you tell us what the impact on performance is if you let TSM mirror the
database in case of large database? Let's say the database is 40 Gb is size,
as is ours.
We are considering the mirror option, but we have a large backup volume and
do not want to have much performance degradation.

Of course we know that availability is the bigger issue here, but we'd like
to know the impact in advance.

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -