ADSM-L

Re: TDP performance!!!!!

2002-04-26 05:52:05
Subject: Re: TDP performance!!!!!
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:48:39 +0300
Why are you restarting the AIX box? This is Windows behavior - works after
restart. Did you restarted Windows too?
Have you tested network throughput? Try ftp-ing from Windows to AIX (and
back). What is the transfer rate for file larger than 100-200 MB?
Have you tested B/A client throughput? Try backup&restore of ordinary file
0.5-1GB. You can make new local replica of one big Domino DB outside
<drive>:\lotus\notes\data directory and backup it using GUI.
Is backup going to disk or direct to tape? Is migration starting during
backup to disk?
What is Windows box processor/memory utilization during backup? Is memory
overcommited and paging extensively used?
Is there other high-volume activity on the same partition/disk?
Answers to some of those questions might help you to pinpoint the problem.
If still there is no success report to the list again.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant