ADSM-L

TDP performance!!!!!

2002-04-26 05:34:03
Subject: TDP performance!!!!!
From: Sandra Ghaoui <sandra_ghaoui AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 02:19:21 -0700
Hi everybody,

I'm having BIG performance problems using TDP for
Lotus Domino...

I am backing up the mail databases using TDP for Lotus
Domino. My configuration is the following:

-TSM Server 4.2.1 on a AIX 4.3.3
-TSM client 4.2.1 and TDP for Lotus Domino 1.1 on the
-TSM client 4.2.1 and TDP for Lotus Domino 1.1 on the
mail server that is a WIN2000
mail server that is a WIN2000

The company wants to perform a full backup of the mail
database directly on a tape every day. The total size
is of 8GB approximately. First time I did the back up,
it took 1 hour to complete. But since then, I'm
getting a throughput rate as low as 50 Kb/sec !!!
which means that it would need 48 hours at least to
complete the backup.

I verified both the AIX and WIN servers speed
connections and both are of 100 Mb/sec. I then tried a
backup on the tape using the AIX 'tar' command and
got a very good rate. Finally, I restarted the AIX
but I'm still getting this very low rate ...

Can you offer me any advice?

Thx a lot
Sandra