ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client for Linux

2002-04-25 17:26:43
Subject: Re: TSM Client for Linux
From: "Williams, Tim P {PBSG}" <Tim.Williams AT PBSG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:26:48 -0500
you probably have something in your dsmerror.log when you try to do a
incremental....here's my etr:
Abstract:                LANS1149E No domain available for incremental
backup
 User keyword:
 Responsible:
 Type:                    Software Problem
 Severity:                3
 CPU device type:         3745
 CPU serial number:       2301526
 Component ID:            5697TSMCL
 APAR:
 Release:                 210
 Created:                 02/04/25
 Updated:                 02/04/25
 Contact name:            Tim Williams
 Company name:            FRITO LAY INC
 Customer ID:             3562300
 Owner IGN user ID:       FRTO13
 Owner IGN account ID:    FRTO
 Contact method:          Electronic
 Primary telephone:       (972) 376-7774
 Alternate telephone:
 Electronic delivery ID:  FRTO13
 Electronic account code: FRTO

 -FRTO13    FRTO        -5697TSMCL  -                 02/04/25-15:38-
************************** For IBM Use Only ****************************
*              In RETAIN use CR CA to complete the call.               *
*     The use of CC will not notify the originator of a response!      *
RESPOND ELECTRONICALLY.
Route = 5697TSMCL.
Abstract: LANS1149E No domain available for incremental backup

We went from Linux Redhat 7.0 to 7.2
when we went to 7.2 we starting using ext3/jfs
The default of domain all-local does not seem to be invoking...
so we got:
ANS1149E No domain available for incremental backup
we only have 2 local file systems:
/   and /boot
so I added domain / and /boot in the dsm.sys (or options file) and
then incremental backups started to work ok...
what's going on here?
Thanks Tim
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Tim,
   We don't officially support the ext3 filesystem until V5.1. However
the V4.2 client will operate against this filesystem in "toleration"
mode. To make this work you have to do explicit things as you have
found. To get full support for this fs as "nornal" you will need to
run the V5.1 client on this machine.
                              Thanks, xxxxx.

 -FRTO13    FRTO        -5697TSMCL  -                 02/04/25-16:07-
Reason For Closure:
Thanks. This to close/complete.
upgrade works....