ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database Location

2002-04-24 11:02:18
Subject: Re: TSM Database Location
From: Jonathan Siegle <jsiegle AT PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:02:36 -0400
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Ilja G. Coolen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd suggest to move it to it's own filesystem placed on an redundant disk
> array, enjoying high performance and recoverability.
> We placed our database volumes on an ESS subsystem. Where you place it is
> your own choice. Just try to achieve redundancy.

Did you put all primary/copy db volumes on the ESS? What kind of db cache
hit are you getting? How are you talking to the ESS and how much other
stuff is talking to the ESS while TSM is running? I am considering using
the 2nd/3rd copy of the db for DRM purposes on an ESS.

> Have fun.
>

> Ilja G. Coolen
>

>   _____
>
> ABP / USZO
> CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
> Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
> Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
> Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
> Intranet
>         : Storage Web
> <http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>
>
>   _____
>
> - Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -

Jonathan Siegle                 Center for Academic Computing
jsiegle AT psu DOT edu                 Penn State University
814-865-5840                    University Park, Pa 16802