ADSM-L

Re: TSM Database Location

2002-04-24 10:08:50
Subject: Re: TSM Database Location
From: Brenda Collins <brenda.collins AT US.ING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:55:44 -0500
Can you tell me how to move it or where there might be some specific
instructions for this process?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brenda

                    "Ilja G.
                    Coolen"              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <ilja.coolen@A       cc:
                    BP.NL>               Subject:     Re: TSM Database Location
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    04/24/2002
                    06:51 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi,

I'd suggest to move it to it's own filesystem placed on an redundant disk
array, enjoying high performance and recoverability.
We placed our database volumes on an ESS subsystem. Where you place it is
your own choice. Just try to achieve redundancy.

Have fun.

Ilja G. Coolen

  _____

ABP / USZO
CIS / BS / TB / Storage Management
Telefoon         : +31(0)45  579 7938
Fax      : +31(0)45  579 3990
Email    : ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl <mailto:ilja.coolen AT abp DOT nl>
Intranet
        : Storage Web
<http://intranet/cis_bstb/html_content/sm/index_sm.htm>

  _____

Everybody has a photographic memory, some just don't have film. -