ADSM-L

Re: unix trigger for TSM Server processes?

2002-04-24 10:07:50
Subject: Re: unix trigger for TSM Server processes?
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:07:51 -0400
I suppose you could break out the dsmcadm in a separate file with just execute
permission by the dba userid, then pass the command to it in the db2 backup
script.....or you could run the db2 backup script as root.

[backup] /home/root/bin # more dsmcmd
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=password -displaymode=table $1

/home/root/bin/dsmcmd "disable sessions"

>>> jrmartin AT KNS DOT COM 04/24/02 07:18AM >>>
Peter,

        I think I remember seeing where someone scheduled a job on the
server to do this.  The job would loop checking to see if a certain event
had completed.  Once the observed event is complete, the server job can
perform the backup.  Searching adsm.org might find more information.

Jon Martin