ADSM-L

Re: unix trigger for TSM Server processes?

2002-04-24 01:00:01
Subject: Re: unix trigger for TSM Server processes?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:00:18 -0500
I go one step farther, in never storing the password itself on disk, but
instead storing an encrypted form of it. The key is stored in a separate
location. The script decrypts it each time it uses it, and never stores
it. When I change the password, I change the key too. It's kind of like
requiring two passwords. All this is only stored on/running on a root
account.

I agree that somehow implementing password generate for the dsmadmc
command would be better. Or, what if it simply did not require a
password if it was running on root? If the unix root user is
compromised, what does TSM have left to hide?

============== Remember, UNIX spelled backwards is XINU. ===============