ADSM-L

Replacing the drive where the db1.dsm volume

2002-04-23 17:59:06
Subject: Replacing the drive where the db1.dsm volume
From: Scott Foley <sfoley AT NETDOCUMENTS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:01:39 -0600
I am replacing Windows 2000 drives where the TSM database, log and disk pool
information is.  My current configuration is as follows:
c:\ tivoli
E:\ database and log volumes
F:\ database and log mirroring
G:\ stgpool

I also have the new drives available and labeled as:

H:\
I:\
J:\

It does not seem like I can simply copy the files to the new drives and then
rename the drive letters.  I know how to use dsmfmt -db and -log to create
new files, then expand the database and log files onto the new drives, and
delete the old ones.  This would then have me using the H:\, I:\, and J:\
drives without the E:\, F:\, and G:\ drives.  This would of course work, but
I would rather not have the gap in drive letters and Microsoft may not like
them either.  Can I then rename the drives and configure TSM to use the new
letters?  Is there another way to do this?

Scott Foley
TSM, SQL, Windows, Netware, Checkpoint, BigIP ... Admin