ADSM-L

Re: Piping a file to dsmc

2002-04-22 15:15:53
Subject: Re: Piping a file to dsmc
From: Bill Mansfield <WMansfield AT SOLUTIONTECHNOLOGY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:01:45 -0500
You need adsmpipe.  Look in ftp://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244335/

Unsupported but works.

_____________________________
William Mansfield
Senior Consultant
Solution Technology, Inc

"Behdashti, Farshid" <Farshid.Behdashti AT PSEG DOT COM>
04/22/2002 09:27 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Piping a file to dsmc

Hello,
We are using ADSM in the following environment:
ADSM server "Version 3, Release 7, Level 0.0" runs on Sun E6500 Solaris
5.7.
IBM tape library is 3494(robot) with 3590-B1A drives.
DSM client "Version 3, Release 7, Level 2.0" runs on many other Sun E10000
servers without any tape drives.

I need to do a full database reorganization on a database of about 450GB.
The export file(s) will be around 150GB which cannot be stored on disk.

I need to run the export and pipe or redirect the output to tape.
Is there a way to pipe a file to dsmc for backup - something like "cat
/etc/hosts | dsmc " to backup contents of /etc/hosts ?
Thanks,
Farshid Behdashti