ADSM-L

Re: expiring object

2002-04-22 10:35:50
Subject: Re: expiring object
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:23:01 -0400
> When consulting the gui client for a Restore, I'm surprised to see that
some
> files are not present to be restored.
> the management class have been set up correctly to keep 13 versions. Only
2
> versions are visible (in active and inactive mode).
> I controled the dsm.opt. It is correctly using the management class:
> include *.nsf domino_month
> by the way, when expiring is in effect, is it the hole backup set or only
> the file that is expired ?

Michael,

Make sure you are running TDP for Domino 1.1.2.
It fixed a problem where some of the backups were not showing up
correctly in the GUI.

What does the "DOMDSMC QUERY DBB * /SUBDIR=YES" command show?
Do you see all your backups?

Another thing to do is use the "SHOW VERSION nodename fsname"
TSM Server command to find out what versions actually exist
on the TSM Server.

Each Domino database backup is expired on its own. It is not tied
to other backups that occurred during the entire Domino server backup.
It is treated just like a "file" when using the TSM BA client.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.