ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Domino backup "File is in use" or "File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading"

2002-04-22 08:30:30
Subject: Re: TDP for Domino backup "File is in use" or "File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading"
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:30:06 -0400
> File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading
>
> or
>
> This database is currently being used by someone else.  In order to share
> a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server instead of a File
> Server.

Etienne,

This sounds like a configuration problem.

1. Make sure that the NOTESINIPATH (DOMDSMC QUERY PREF)
   is set to the directory containing the NOTES.INI file of
   the Domino server you are backing up.

2. Also, make sure there is not another NOTES.INI file anywhere
   in your path or in the WINNT or WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory.
   This can cause problems. We usually have customers search
   their entire filesystem for all the NOTES.INI files.
   Then, temporarily rename all of the them, EXCEPT for the
   one they want to use, to some other name.  Then retry the operation.
   In some cases, even though you have NOTESINIPATH pointing
   to the correct NOTES.INI location, Domino itself
   will look in other places first.  :-(

3. Also, be sure that you are running TDP for Domino 1.1.2.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Leave everything a little better than you found it.
Smile a lot: it costs nothing and is beyond price.