ADSM-L

Locale on HP-UX 11.0 TSM Server

2002-04-22 05:17:41
Subject: Locale on HP-UX 11.0 TSM Server
From: "Smith, Bob" <bob.smith AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:02:17 +0100
We are implementing a new server on HP-UX 11.0. The Language option defaults
to AMENG, but all times in TSM - activity log etc - show as "Mon, Apr 22,
2002 09:28:57 AM". This is most irritating as all the times now split on to
two lines, and I don't really need all this detail. Setting "dateformat" and
"timeformat" makes no difference. Only by setting the locale to Portuguese
(pt_PT.roman8) do I get times like this - "22/04/2002 09.28.51", which is
more acceptable (it doesn't split on to 2 lines), but the decimal point is
now a comma.
Has anyone experience of this problem on HP-UX 11.0 and done something
different?
Bob Smith