ADSM-L

TDP for Domino backup "File is in use" or "File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading"

2002-04-21 20:18:13
Subject: TDP for Domino backup "File is in use" or "File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading"
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 20:16:00 -0400
I have just migrated my Domino server to Windows2000 from AS/400 to use
the TDP for Domino backup method.  I try an incremental backup from the
GUI client and I backup about 60% of my DBs.  The others all have one of
these two errors:

File (<NULL>) could not be opened for reading

or

This database is currently being used by someone else.  In order to share
a Notes database, all users must use a Domino Server instead of a File
Server.

Now I can access these DBs through the Notes client and works in them with
no problems.  This server is not a file server and I disabled file sharing
on it to make sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW just making sure, but TDP for Domino should backup my names.nsf right?
 What about shared mail DBs?

Thanks for the help

Etienne Brodeur