ADSM-L

Re: How Best to Suspend a Schedule

2002-04-19 17:27:56
Subject: Re: How Best to Suspend a Schedule
From: John Johnson <jjohns AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:22:02 -0700
Instead of disablesched     yes in the dsmserv.opt file, you can run
disable sessions from an admin client.  Then again, this would prevent any
new backup sessions from starting.  Not just those in a particular
schedule.  Updating the schedule to some future start date is the best
solution.

For question # 2.  A somewhat more elegant way of preventing a single
client from running a schedule is to lock the client using the lock node
command.

John Johnson

                      "Thomas A. La
                      Porte"                     To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <tlaporte AT ANIM DOT DREA        cc:
                      MWORKS.COM>                Subject:  Re: How Best to
Suspend a Schedule
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"
                      <[email protected]

                      04/19/2002 10:51 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

That would involve recycling the server, wouldn't it? I'm
guessing from Paul's e-mail that he's looking for something he
can do online.

What I've done in the past is update the start date of the
schedule to the following day, that way it won't run in the
coming evening, but will pick up again the next day without me
having to intervene.