ADSM-L

Re: Outlook PST files

2002-04-19 16:37:05
Subject: Re: Outlook PST files
From: "Fletcher, Leland D." <ldfletcher AT CAL.AMEREN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:19:32 -0500
We also have this problem. One other idea you didn't mention is to purchase
an email migration tool. EmailXtender by OTG is one product which will do
this. With this product the outlook users can move there PST (personal
store) data back into the exchange server and the PST's can be deleted.
You might think this will just move the problem. EmailXtender helps by
migrating old exchange items to TSM and replacing them with a 1K tag. The
exchange backups only backup the tag.

We have not tried the product so can not recommend. The information provided
is a quick summary of there marketing material. We will be looking into the
product at a later time.

Lee Fletcher
Network Project Integrator
573-676-4106