ADSM-L

Re: DSMC question

2002-04-19 12:14:00
Subject: Re: DSMC question
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:14:14 -0400
Off-hand I would not suspect a bug, but perhaps something else.

For one thing, try using * for your specification instead of *.*, i.e.:

   q backup c:\*

or

   q backup c:\

(the * is implied)

The reason for this is that files that do not contain an extension will
not appear in your list. This is most likely not your problem, but I
thought I would point it out anyway for your future reference (and save
you a little typing  :-)   ).

Try this:

Go to the GUI and take a careful look at the name of the file space. When
you open up the "File Level" icon, you should see file spaces like this:

   \\storman\c$ (C:)
   \\storman\e$ (E:)

(these are mine, your machine name and drive letters will be different).

Then go to the command line, and do this:

   q ba \\storman\c$\

(substitute your own file space name, and don't forget the ending
backslash.)

Does that make a difference?

I am not sure what happened on your machine. But if your machine name
changed, or your file space was renamed, then this might explain what you
are seeing. For example, if I change my machine name to \\raibeck, then I
would see a problem like yours. because when I specify C:, it really looks
for \\raibeck\c$. But since my existing file spaces are named
\\storman\x$, I will get the "no files found" message.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Hoi

I'm running 4.2.1.26 client (Windows) and 4.2.1.11 TSM server (AIX)

When I do a q backup on the client I get this:
tsm> q backup c:\*.*
ANS1084E No files have previously been backed up for 'C:\*.*'

But in the Gui I can see several files.

What do I wrong or is it a bug?