ADSM-L

Re: IP over FC on AIX

2002-04-17 19:11:17
Subject: Re: IP over FC on AIX
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:02:02 -0700
Daniel, I hate to disagree, but at the URL included below, there are some
drivers that support IP over the FC Arbitrated Loop or Fabric for the LPxxxx
HBAs.  I was days away from trying it some time ago, but our networking
group finally installed Ethernet segments in addition to the main Token Ring
segments (!), so I didn't have a real need to move that IP traffic onto the
SAN.

Steve, if you try it, please let us know how they work.  Also, remember to
massage your routing table!

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail

Quote from http://www.emulex.com/ts/fc/docs/frame8k.htm:

SCSI/IP
v4.1.0.16

 Both versions provide both SCSI and IP functionality over Fibre Channel
arbitrated loop and fabric topology.
----
----
----
OS version: AIX 4.2x and 4.3x with 64-bit extensions
OS version: AIX 4.2x and 4.3x with 64-bit extensions
Utility: Diagnostic Utility (lputil) version 1.2a16
Protocol: SCSI and IP
Topology: Fibre Channel arbitrated loop, point-to-point and fabric
Support: LP7000E, LP8000, LP9000 or LP9002L